Ultra Moist Banana Bread Recipe


Hello, friends. This year has brought much change and uncertainty in my life and I'm afraid my blog has taken a backseat to all that. But, I'm going to post more frequently. You can follow me on Facebook as well, at The Joyful Wife, (@annathejoyfulwife).

Now, down to business. This is the only recipe I'll use for banana bread. I've made this recipe many times over the summer months. It produces the most moist banana bread, ever. And the loaves freeze, beautifully. I know this will become your go-to recipe as well.

Ingredients:

• 3 medium bananas, mashed
• 1/2 cup mayonaise
• 1 egg
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 1/2 cups flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teasoon salt
• 3/4 cup sugar
• 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350*

2. In a bowl mix together mashed bananas, mayo, egg and vanilla. In a seperate bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and pecans.

3. Add flour mixture to wet mixture and stir just until combined. Note: The mixture will be thick. Don't overmix.

4. Pour into a greased loaf pan. Bake 60 to 70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Note: This recipe will make 2 loaves if you use 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" pans. And you will need to decrease the baking time.

5. Remove from oven and let rest a short time before removing from pan and cooling completely.


Enjoy!

Anna ~

Comments

Popular Posts