Wading Thru Shallow Waters...

Good Morning friends! 

I hope your week has gone well. And unless you've been living under a rock, you have likely been hearing all about Chick-Fil-A. Probably more than you ever wanted to hear. It's more than about free speech. Let get to the meat and potatoes of it so to speak.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Just as I am to mine. We probably can all agree on that. That being said, my heart hurt for all those that I know personally and others who are struggling with gender identity and sexuality issues.

I stand strong in my faith. I feel it's not my place to judge someone else. Who am I to think I am so much better than another! And when you experience something like this personally, it gives you a far different vantage point.

My friend Christine, (who I have introduced you to before) wrote a fantastic post yesterday. It really touched my heart as I am the mother of a transgender child (who is now an adult, mid-20's). Her words mirrored my views exactly. I feel truly blessed to have had this experience. And I love my child more than ever. He is happy, attending college, enjoying life, and is a positive member of his community. What else could a mom ask for? :)

Click below to read Christine's post.

http://www.welcometomybrain.net/2012/08/talking-about-gays.html

Here is another great post by Jen about this sensitive topic. It is so well written.

dear-chick-fil-a-i-love-you-but

For more information on such issues, here is the link to the LGTBQI website.

http://www.vanderbilt.edu/lgbtqi/

I welcome your thoughts and comments, but please know that I will not post hateful, derogatory comments. Period.

And no matter what, know that I love you, unconditionally.

Anna

Comments

Popular Posts