Natural Tips and Tricks To Keep Your Home Clean...


Hi friends! Friday is here...I am so ready for the week-end. I'm sure you are too. I have some household cleaning tips and other tricks for you today.

First, let's start with the cleaning tips. I know some of you are probably not as huge a fan of deep cleaning as I am. But sometimes I wish I wasn't so OCD. ;)



Shine Your Sink - This is our master bathroom sink. It was the original sink installed when the house was built in the 1950's. So let's just say over these many years it has lost it's shine. Well, this is what I do. After cleaning and rinsing the sink thoroughly, I dry it. Then, I use car wax on the basin. Spread the wax on evenly, you don't need too much, then buff it off to a shine! It really doesn't take that long to do.

Keep Soap Build-Up From Forming - If you use bar soap on the sink you know how goopy it gets where the soap rests. This little trick will keep that from happening. Put just a little bit of Baby oil on a cloth, and rub where the soap lies Baby oil rubbed on your stainless steel fixtures will also keep them shiny. Simple. simple...

Clean Your Toilet - This lil' trick can come in handy if you have severe allergies to proprietary cleaners, or if you run out of toilet bowl cleaner. ;) If you will take a liter (or two) of cola and pour it in the commode, let it sit say 10 - 15 minutes, then flush. Viola', the acid in the cola will clean your bowl.

Polishing Brass - If you will put just a splash of Worcester Sauce on a cloth and rub your brass with it, it will shine like new. I use this trick when polishing all my brass things.

Here are some links to previous posts on additional tips for cleaning...

Keeping the seals on your fridge clean...

Making Your Stove Top Shine...

Make Your Sink Shine...

Keeping Your Fridge Smelling Fresh...

Now onto some other useful info...


Keeping Apple Slices From Turning Dark - If you will put your apple slices in (or pour on) Sprite or 7-up, the citric acid in the soda will keep your apples from looking less than appealing.

Slicing Onions Without Tears...

How To Store Asparagus...

Proverbs 31:10 - "A capable, intelligent and virtuous woman - who is he that can find her?  She is far more precious than jewels and her value is far above rubies or pearls." - AMP

Proverbs 31:27 - "She looks well to how things go in her household, and the bread of idleness (gossip, discontent, and self-pity) she will not eat." - AMP

Matthew 3:11-12 - "I'm baptizing you here in the river, turning your old life in for a kingdom life. The real action comes next: the main character in this drama, to whom I'm a mere stagehand-will ignite the kingdom of life within you, changing you from the inside out. He's going to clean house-make a clean sweep of your lives. He'll place everything true in it's proper place before God; everything false, He'll put out with the trash to be burned." - The Message

It isn't just how we take care of our bodies that shows our reverence for God, it's also how we maintain all He has blessed us with. Not to mention, our husbands deserve to live in a clean home. Notice I said clean, not expensive. And our husbands also deserve to be well taken care of. It's our calling as wives and mothers to do the very best we can.

Have a wonderful week-end friends and I'll see you next week.

All my love,

Anna

Comments

SarahBeth said…
That cleaning your toilet trick is why NO ONE needs to be drinking soft drinks!!! lol It can be done, I gave them up almost 3 years ago.
Thanks for all the tips,
Sarah :)
Anna~ said…
Sarah -

I agree. If cola can take paint off your car, and clean your toilet, it can't be good for you. I still drink them in moderation. But at least I drink a lot more clear fluids than colas. Congrats on being soft drink free! :) You'll be healthier for it.

Love ya,

Anna
Felecia Cofield said…
Hi Anna! Thanks for the tips and especially the scripture! I love your old sink! A pumice stone will get those stains off of it. Blessings from Bama!
Anna~ said…
Hi Bama Girl!

Oh thank you for telling me about the pumice stone. I have wanted those rust stains off but have had no luck before. :(

You're a dear!

Have a good week-end friend!

Anna :)
Donna said…
Very encouraging!
Got any dishwasher tips? ;-)
Anna~ said…
Hi Donna!
Actually I have heard that a cup of vinegar once a month will help keep your dishwasher clean and free of hard water build-up.

Take care!
Anna :)
toilet cleaning said…
Nice posting on natural tips and tricks to keep your home clean. I will recommend this blog to my friends.
Comprehensive and useful tips.
Unknown said…
Great tips. I appreciate your work.
Unknown said…
Nice Tips for home cleaning. Thanks for share.
Nandhini said…
Thank you for sharing the information here. Its much informative and really i got some valid information. You had posted the amazing article.

Toilet cleaning in Chennai

Housekeeping services companies in Chennai

Popular Posts