Baked Catfish


I recently tried a new recipe for baked catfish. And I thought today would be the day to share it since tomorrow, June 25th is National Catfish Day! ;)

I purchased some frozen catfish fillets and started looking for how best to season them. So suffice to say when I came across this recipe that calls for butter and white wine, well...don't mind if I do. I had to try it!

I had 7 fillets, so I tripled this recipe. (Actually there are two casserole dishes on my stove) I served each fillet over brown rice, with sides of corn and Italian Herb bread. Yummy!
I am definitely going to make this again!

Here is the recipe, I know you will love it too!

Total Time: 25 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes

Yield: 2 Servings

Ingredients:

2 (7-8 oz) catfish fillets
4 ounces butter
4 ounces dry white wine
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Paprika (I omitted this)

Directions:

Season fish with salt and pepper. Place fish in a casserole dish. Melt 1 ounces butter in a small saucepan. Add wine and remaining ingredients, except the paprika. Simmer about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and spoon over fish. Now sprinkle paprika over fish. Bake fish in 375 oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the fish is done.

Source: foodnetwork.com

Comments

Popular Posts