French Onion Soup



Hello friends, and happy new year!

As the days turned into weeks, I kept telling myself I needed to post. I had so many ideas and recipes I wanted to share with you.

Now here we are almost to the end of January, and I must admit blogging has just gotten away from me. I can't believe how the time has flown. Christmas break went by far too quickly. My girls are back in college, and things have started to settle back down again. (fingers crossed)
I will be better at posting with consistency this year! So I hope you'll keep checking back. :)

Now to share one of my favorite recipes for soup. And it's so easy to make! Definitely a Win-Win!
Here is what you'll need...


Hope you enjoy!

Anna  ♥

French Onion Soup

Ingredients:

4 Tbsp. butter
2 medium onion, very thinly sliced
1 Tbsp. flour
½ cup Holland House Sherry Cooking Wine
1 quart low-sodium beef broth
Low-sodium Parmesan cheese, grated
Country-style bread, sliced and toasted

Directions:

In saucepan, brown onions in butter and sprinkle with flour. Cover and simmer over low heat, 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. De-glaze with wine. Meanwhile, heat beef broth. Add to onions, and boil slowly until onions are tender.  Spread cheese on toast and melt under broiler. Pour soup into bowls, top with toast.

Serve immediately.

Serves:  4

Recipe: Holland House

Comments

Popular Posts