Are You Throwing A Pity Party? Get Out Of The Pool.


"Certainly the most destructive vice if you like, that a person can have. More than pride, which is supposedly the number one of the cardinal sins - is self pity. Self pity is the worst possible emotion anyone can have. And the most destructive. It is, to slightly paraphrase what Wilde said about hatred, and I think actually hatred's a subset of self pity and not the other way around - ' It destroys everything around it, except itself." - Stephen Fry

Are you throwing a pity party? It's time to get out of the pool. Believe me, as a survivor of domestic violence, I have had to pull myself out of the pit. God doesn't want us to feel sorry for ourselves. I remember in those terrifying years, saying "THANK YOU Lord for protecting me. I don't know what Your reasons are for allowing me to be in this situation, but I know you have a plan for my life. And I can use that experience for Your good." And thanks be to God in His wisdom and timing, He delivered me.

I am currently reading UnWorthy, How To Stop Hating Yourself. I recommend you read it. To quote from the book, "Self-esteem spans a spectrum. At one end is all-out, worship-me, dictator-style narcissism. At the other end is abject self-loathing, which in truth is narcissism too-negative narcissism: mirror mirror, upside down".

It has taken me years to build up what was torn down. And through it all, I'm not bitter. Yes, I was abused. Yes, I didn't understand the WHY of it all. But yet, I won't throw myself a pity party because of my past circumstances. You are valued. You are loved. Your heavenly father wants to bless you.

It is my prayer for you that you realize how valuable you truly are. God has a plan for your life. Even though you may not understand it now.

"I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out-Plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for."
Jeremiah 29:11 - The Message

God bless you, dear friends, And please, if you have any prayer requests, let me know. I would be honored to pray for you.

Blessings,

Anna

Comments

Popular Posts