A Blessed Mess


Hi friends. As I sit writing this post, the temps here in the Panhandle have plummeted. We have a wind chill of 1*. The heater seems like it's kicking on constantly, and I'm really debating if I should even venture outside to the store.
You may have noticed my absence over these past 9 months, and I feel like I need to share with you my crazy, busy, good year. Hence the title, 'A Blessed Mess.'

My intention back in March was to take a week off at Easter and then be back into my blogging. Well, things didn't work out the way I inteded. During that week I took off, my mother had a serious fall and broke her shoulder. That first week I moved in with my parents in order to help out. And after a few weeks had past, I was able to just come over to their house in the mornings and evenings, as well as provide meals for them.

After that crisis  past, we had a joyous occasion. A wedding celebration. Our daughter got married in May. It was a beautiful ceremony, but as you can imagine it required a tremendous amount of preperation.

Over the summer our oldest child flew in for a visit. As well as did my two sisters and my Aunt. My Aunt lives in California and I hadn't seen her in 20 plus years. It was a wonderful time to reconnect and we shared our stories of faith, and how we have lead others to know Christ. She speaks to everyone about her faith and I love that about her. She lives with a physical disablity that she has had since childhood, but I've never known a more cheerful, thankful person. It definitely was God orchestrated because my spirit was renewed.

Then our youngest daughter married in August, so we had another wedding celebration. I must add, we couldn't be more pleased with our two son-in-laws. They both take very good care of our girls.

And last but certainly by no means least, another of our daughters is pregnant and her due date is late February! So we will become grandparents for the very first time. This year has brought us into peaks and valleys. But, it has been a wonderful journey.

I think I finally have my home ready for Christmas. I didn't decorate as much as I have in past years. I can't believe it's just a week away. I had so many ideas and thoughts I wanted to share with you this year. But you know what? I'll just have to do it in 2017.

Stay warm, and I will talk with you soon.

All my love,

Anna


Comments

Popular Posts