A Bit of This and That

Good Morning friends,

How are you? I'm busy trying to catch things up from the past few months.
We recently went out to check ranch properties. We drove out to the different properties, and made sure all is well.

I've also been staying busy around the house, trying to get organized. We're sorting drawers of clothes and donating items that we no longer use or need. I've been working on saving as much money as possible by shopping sales at the grocery store. And trying to use up items we already have on hand. I've been quite sucessful at finding sale items, and buy-one-get-one-free. That is my aim for the new year, too. Trying to lower my grocery bill as much as possible. To squeeze every last penny I can!

With the holidays, we haven't gotten to see our grandaughter as much as we'd like to! I sure miss that sweet girl, and look forward to more visits very soon.

I'm sharing some pictures with you from the last few months. I hope you enjoy them.



This is the entrance to the property at Allenreed. I just love the gate.


Looking out of the gate toward open plains.


     I just love the old wagon that sits out in the pasture.


 Our precious grandaughter is getting so big!


DH and son-in-love mending the fence in the horse pasture that is on the outskirts of town. They replaced the chain link fence with horse fence. From the horse pasture you see the most gorgeous sunsets!


More mending. The cattle were very curious as to what we were doing.


Darling grandaughter on Halloween.


I've been trying to catch up on my baking lately. I made a pan of brownies and chocolate chip cookies.


They are so tasty.


The grocery store was selling bags of potatoes buy-one-get-one-free, so I made potato salad.


I had some extra cucumbers and onions, so I sliced them and added vinegar.
So yummy.


We cooked a 9 lb. brown sugar glazed ham for Christmas. I saved this section with the bone to make make bean soup.


I had an abundance of eggs. So I hard boiled them, and used most of them to make deviled eggs. You can find my post here.



We received some yummy gifts!


We are certainly set with goodies!


Annalei in her Christmas "Candy Cane" dress!


DH surprised me with this digital micro-grand piano!

Thanks for stopping by, and I'll see you in the coming year.

In warmth,
Anna

Comments

Popular Posts