Authenticity



What does being authentic mean to you?

To me, it means being true to yourself. Showing who YOU are. Not putting on airs.

For example....
I love classical music. But there are many times I want to listen to jazz, pop, or grunge.

I like to dress conservatively. But there are days when I love to wear funky socks with shorts, or fun skirts. Self expression.

Wikipedia describes the authentic-self as being true to one's own personality, spirit, or character, despite external pressures.

The world is full of people that think their view is the correct one. If your views differ from mine, I respect that. I will still be your true friend.

However, I have come to learn that many "friends", when they learn something about you that they disagree with, will drop you like a bad habit. To me, that is not showing your Christian faith. How can a person claim to be a Christian, and be hypocritical at the same time? The answer, they can't.

You either like me, or you don't. I accept you just the way you are. No matter your political views, church affiliation, sexual orientation. Whatever...

YOU are what matters to me... In the grand scheme of things, everything else is just "fluff".

Authentic self. It is what I have been interested in, and learned about for many, many years. It is important to me. Just as each one of you are important to me.

I hope you can live your life authentically. Being true to yourself. It is the essence of living. Body and soul.

May you be blessed in your daily walk, and find peace and happiness in the contentment of knowing yourself. Your authentic self.

Blessings and love,

Anna

Comments

Popular Posts