Homemade Bath Salts


I’ve always loved making my own lotions, candles, soaps, and bath products. There is something extremely therapeutic in that process. In addition, you can customize them by adding what ever fragrances you like.

As I began my journey in learning about my emapth abilities, I’ve been practicing meditation in addition to doing yoga. I’ve also been using essential oils to help calm and relax my mind. So I’m very excited to share with you my recipe for these bath salts. I hope to share more recipes for other bath products with you in the future.

You will love these bath salts as they leave your skin feeling so smooth. So let's get started.

Materials

  • 2 Silicone Heart Shaped Trays
  • 3 cups Fine Sea Salt
  • 1 1/2 cups Epsom Salt
  • 1/2 cup Baking Soda
  • 3 Tablespoons of water
  • 17 drops Essential Oil
  • 17 drops Food Coloring
  • Latex Gloves (I use chemical resistant gloves)
Directions

  1. In a large bowl, mix to combine the sea salt; epsom salts, to soothe tired muscles and reduce inflammation; and baking soda, to soften waters and alleviate skin irritation.
  2. Add the water, combine.
  3. Add drops of essential oils, and combine. (See photo below)
  4. Add the drops of food coloring, until you achieve the desired shade. Stir well until mixture is combined. (You will be stirring this mixture a lot, but it's essential all ingredients are mixed in thoroughly for even consistency)
  5. Once the mixture is to your liking, it's time to transfer to the trays. Scoop mixture into the hearts. I use the spoon one scoop at a time, pressing down with the back of the spoon each time. (I place my trays of large plastic bags to protect my wood table. See photo below).
  6. When you have completed the trays, place them on baking sheets. Preheat the oven to 170-degrees. Then place them in the oven and bake for one hour.
  7. Remove and let cool. When cool, carefully remove salt hearts from the tray.
  8. If you intend to present the bath salts as gifts, be sure to store them in an airtight and labeled container to keep out moisture.

Note: The heat from baking these will lessen the fragrance somewhat. You can let these salts air dry naturally for a stronger scent, but baking them speeds the drying process.





I hope you love these bath salts as much as I do! And please check back for future recipes.

Comments

Popular Posts