Peanut Butter Fudge


I'd  never tasted peanut butter fudge before I was offered some at Christmas last year, and it was delicious. I mean, what a concept! I love anything containing peanut butter, so this was a huge hit with me. I set out to replicate the recipe and this is what I came up with. And surprisingly the prep time was very minimal, and it set up in no time at all. So needless to say I'm making this again at Christmas time. This particular batch I gave out for Valentine's Day. And it was gone in a flash. Next time I'm going to try adding butterscotchchips. Yum. Well, with out any further a do, let's get started.

Here's my recipe:

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter (4 Tablespoons)
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup confectioners sugar


Directions:
  1. Place butter into a medium saucepan and melt it over medium heat. 
  2. Add brown sugar and milk, stir well with whisk.
  3. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. 
  4. Remove from heat. 
  5. Mix in peanut butter and vanilla. 
  6. Place confectioners' sugar into a large mixing bowl. 
  7. Pour hot peanut butter mixture over confectioners’ sugar and beat until smooth. Don't overmix, you just want it to be combined thoroughly and a consistent mixture.


  1. Pour fudge into an 8 by 8 inch pan.

(And the cool thing I found is that when it's done mixing the oil in the peanut butter coats the bowl and there is no scraping required afterwards).

Refrigerate for an hour or less until firm. Mine was done in less time. And I found it crumbles less if you will cut it into pieces after it warms up slightly. Cutting it while it is still cold results in more crumbling and your pieces don't look as nice.


Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts