Anna's Zucchini Bread Recipe


Fall has definitely arrived. The temperature here in the Texas Panhandle has finally started coming down which means that I am able to keep my doors and windows open longer each day. I love the feel of the cool breeze in the mornings and the sounds of birds singing as they gather around the feeder in the back yard. I also enjoy baking during the season’s cooler mornings which seem to enhance the aromas wafting around the kitchen.
Fall is also harvest time which means there is an abundance of fresh fruits and vegetables available. I have always enjoyed taking advantage of this bounty by using all that I can in my cooking and baking and canning the rest. A couple of days ago a sweet friend gave me several large zucchinis from their garden that I have been using it to make zucchini bread and sautéing to pair with our dinners. This led me to want to share my zucchini bread recipe with you today. This bread is very moist, makes a great gift to share with friends, and it freezes very well for use later. I hope you will give this recipe a try and that your family will enjoy it as much as mine does.
Im warmth,
Anna
Ingredients:
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 1/4 cups white sugar
  • 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 cups grated zucchini
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts
Directions
  1. Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch pans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
  2. Sift flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
  3. Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl. Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat well. Stir in zucchini and nuts until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.
  4. Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and completely cool.
Enjoy! ♡

Comments

Popular Posts