Hello, Fall


Hi, friends.

What a summer it's been. I can't believe we're nearing the end of August. What?!
I'm currently recovering from a severe sinus infection. This one really knocked me down. It's been nearly 2 weeks, and I'm finally beginning to get my strength back. I'm still caring for my parents daily. Thank you all for your continued prayers.

Our youngest daughter and son-in-law just closed on their first house! It's so exciting. They are all moved in, but of course there is so much unpacking to do. I can't wait to see how they turn it into the home of their dreams. Abbi is now 18 weeks pregnant! I will be taking her to her OB appointment next week, where the gender will be revealed. Then soon to follow, I've planned a gender reveal party. So exciting!

My husband took 4 days of vacation last week because this week begins inservice and classes at the college. We had a brief trip planned, but that of course fell through. I was just happy to have him by my side keeping me company while I was sick.

I'm sorry to have been MIA the last few months. It seems life just threw me one thing after another. I had several posts planned. I even had all the materials. But, now I have a jump start on next summer! :)

Finally the temps are starting to be pleasant. There wasn't much enjoying the summertime with 100 degree temps. The weather has been unusual the last week or so. We've received lots of rain. So now our grass has turned a beautiful green. With the heat this summer, any water you put on the lawn just evaporated anyway. All I could do was try to keep it from dying. Spot treatments.

I'm so looking forward  (when my enthusiasm completely returns) to pulling out my fall decor and trimming the house! Public school begins today, and since we live so close to the high school I've enjoyed having my back door open and being able to hear the band practice daily. Just one of the many things I love about fall.

How was your summer? I hope all is well with you.

Talk to you soon.

In warmth,
Anna

Comments

Popular Posts