Spring and A Quick Update


We just came off of spring break, and I've never been busier! I do however love that the days are lengthening  and the sunshine lasts longer. Before too long the weather will be conducive to working outside in the yard. Tending to the flowerbeds and enjoying the patio! Over Valentine's day evening I watched DH put together a target stand so we can go target shooting as soon as the weather permits. I have a new .22 (my Valentine's day present) that I'm anxious to try out. Don't all old married couples work on projects like that over Valentine's day? Lol  I'm even trying to convince my work-a-holic husband to take a few days off in a few weeks and drive down with me to see the Texas bluebonnets bloom. That would be beautiful to photograph. We'll see how that goes!

This year I'm taking a minimalistic approach to everything! Lateley I've been working in my kitchen really focusing on the pantry. Cleaning, re-organizing, and purging. A lot of purging! I'm pleased with the progress I've made so far. Next step will be to focus on cupboards. I mentioned in my earlier post that I re-did my countertops, so check that off the list.

We're also re-organizing the back den. Currently we're shopping for a new sofa to replace the mammoth one we currently have. It's a sectional and is long enough both directions to sleep two people! Now that kids are grown and on their own, it's just too much for us.

Also in the back den is a huge sliding glass door. I've really been wanting to re-do my personal work-out space. And directly in front of that window is a perfect area for my yoga practice. I've been just grabbing whatever free floor space is available. But I want to create an area to relax and recharge.

We're slowing working our way cleaning throughout the house. Next are DH's office and the guest bedroom. The living room has not been affected really by hectic-ness of life, and inevitably the "catch-all spot."

Sorry I have no photos to share currently. My schedule has been a wee bit all over the place for awhile now. Hoping things start to slow down in the near future. Don't you just love the picture? I took this in our backyard last year.

But next week I'm planning on posting a recipe for the most moist lemon bundt cake. Just something to celebrate spring.

Hope to see you then!

In warmth,
Anna

Comments

Popular Posts