Single Serving Sized Soup


First, I want you to say the title of this post three times in a row as fast as you can. Now that I have you thoroughly tongue tied...

I love anything that makes my life easier, and this certainly does just that. This time of year it seems our family can eat their evening meal at different times. With my husbands teaching schedule, he often works late afternoons and into the evening. And with two teenage girls who always seem to be going in different directions, this idea has helped immensely.

I recently made chicken noodle soup and wanted to freeze it for later use.

If you would like to try this, here's what you do:

Using your muffin baking tin, ladle soup into each little section.

Put it in the freezer, and when it's frozen just pop the "pucks" out of the tin, and place them in a gallon sized bag in the freezer.

Use 2-3 little "pucks" to make a single serving of soup. Just microwave and there you have it!

It doesn't get much easier than that!

Much Love,

Anna

Comments

Felecia Cofield said…
Thanks for sharing! I'm sure this idea would work for most soups and chili as well.
Heather said…
Great idea! Thanks for sharing.
Jenna said…
Oh, I love this!! I always freeze it in one giant chunk and than have to defrost the entire thing. This is brilliant - thank you!
Shay said…
Thanks for sharing! Visit me at http://raisingdieter.blogspot.com/ for a giveaway and recipes!
Anonymous said…
My dad complains every time we go down the soup isle. That dont carry single soups and he hates to waste food. Now thanks to you I can make home soup for him and follow you suggestion. Brovo!!! Thanks so much. Forever greatful.
Love this, I'm going to this with chili, chop suey the possibilities are endless!
Stone soup girl
Http://letsmakestonesoup.blogspot.com

Popular Posts