Holy Wednesday


Then one of the twelve [disciples], who was called Judas Iscariot, went to the chief priests and said, "What are you willing to give me if I hand him over to you?" And they weighed out thirty pieces of silver. And from that moment Judas looked for an opportune time to betray Jesus.

Now on the first day of Unleavened Bread (Passover Week), the disciples came to Jesus and asked "Where do you want us to prepare for You to eat the Passover?" He said, "Go into the city to a certain man and say to him, "The Teacher says, "My time [to suffer and atone for sin] is near; I am to keep the Passover at your house with my disciples." [Accordingly] the disciples then did as Jesus had directed them, and they prepared the Passover.

When it was evening, Jesus was reclining at table with the twelve disciples. And as they were eating, He said, "I assure you and most solemnly say to you that one of you will betray Me." Being deeply grieved and extremely distressed, each one of them began to say to Him, "Surely not I, Lord?" Jesus answered, "He who has dipped his hand in the bowl with me [as a pretense of friendship] will betray Me. The Son of Man is to go [to the cross] just as it is written [in Scripture] of Him; but woe  (judgement is coming) to that man by whom the Son of Man is betrayed! It would have been good for that man if he had never been born." And Judas, the betrayer, said, "Surely it is not I, Rabbi?" Jesus said to him, "You have said it yourself."

Matthew 26:14-25 (AMP)

Comments

Popular Posts