Reflections of the Proverbs 31 Woman



I read and re-read Proverbs 31 quite often. I prefer the way it is stated in the Amplified bible. However I do occasionally read it from The Message which has a more contemporary translation. There are 31 verses in Proverbs 31, and the last 22 verses speak to a woman’s character. I wanted to touch on verses 13-15 today.

Proverbs 31:13 in the Amplified bible says “She seeks out wool and flax and works with willing hands [to develop it].”

The Message words it like this – “She shops around for the best yarns and cottons, and enjoys knitting and sewing.”

To me, this means that she tries to find the best deals she can. Her husband works hard and she supports and respects him by making sure their money is spent wisely. I have always liked the irony of this verse in that I never did master sewing! :)

Proverbs 31:14 “She is like the merchant ships loaded with foodstuffs; she brings her household’s food from a far [country]."

Proverbs 31:15 says “She rises while it is yet night and gets [spiritual] food for her household and assigns her maids their tasks.”

To me, this means that she doesn’t neglect spending time studying the word. And I feel her “maids” are all the modern conveniences we often take for granted such as our washing machines, dishwashers, etc.

*These are some questions I have asked myself lately:

Am I pursuing wisdom to make right choices and stay in the will of God?

Am I doing the very best I can with the blessings of money and time that God has given me?

What can I do to be a blessing to someone else?

I have loved sharing my reflections on the Proverbs 31 woman with you. I welcome any comments or thoughts you may have or would like to share.

Until next time, may God bless you in your daily walk with Him.

Anna

Comments

Popular Posts