Zucchini Prep & How to Make Veggie Wash



It is that time of year when we see the store shelves stocked with all different sized canning jars. That makes me smile! :) Did you know there are different ways to prepare zucchini?

And as I stated in my last post my garden is now flourishing. I just harvested another large zucchini from my garden yesterday. Yeah!

As you probably already know the addition of zucchini makes for delicious bread. But there are other ways to prepare it.
You can slice, batter, and then fry it. And take it from me; a warm piece of fried zucchini dipped in homemade ranch dressing is hard to beat. :) However the way I am preparing it today pairs well with a meal.

You will need to *wash and then shred the zucchini.
Next sprinkle it with salt, toss and let it weep for 30 minutes in the strainer.

While the zucchini weeps, melt a small amount of butter in the skillet and sauté some diced onion. Once you have done that, squeeze the excess water from the zucchini and add the zucchini to the skillet. Then sauté it in the butter and onion. Oh, it is so good.

*I will also give you another tip on making your own veggie wash. It is so simple.

Just take a spray bottle, and then add one part distilled vinegar and the other part water.

I never buy veggie wash anymore because it is so expensive. You can make it yourself for pennies on the dollar.

Till next time,

Hugs,

Anna

Comments

Heather said…
Thanks for the veggie wash tip. I never buy it because it is so expensive, but I know I should wash store bought vegetables better than just using water. Great tip!
E McL said…
Thanks for the veggie wash recipe! I spend far too much on the commercial spray!

I'll keep an eye out for my friend's recipe for natural pesticide spray for fruits and veggies.

Zucchini can also be shredded and frozen until winter for bread!
That is a great tip! :)

Popular Posts