Dealing With Unpleasantness


Image - www.freedigitalphotos.net

Or should I say (er) life..Life can be a joy, and it can certainly be difficult. I have experienced many things in my life, some of which might astound you. But this isn't the forum to go into detail, and it isn't even what I want this post to focus on.

The one thing I have learned is to rely on God. Fully, completely, totally. And of course sprinkle humor in with it! :)

Laughter has been my saving grace. The Lord has been compassionate with me, and I have found that laughing at life releases my stress.

I just recently discovered that there are laughter workshops across the country. And they are increasing in popularity. They help people suffering from depression, to people battling cancer. Of course, it's really no surprise since we all know that laughter releases good endorphins in the body. 

I read a book that I absolutely loved. It is titled "Laugh Your Way To Grace - Reclaiming the Spiritual Power of Humor". Here is the link on Amazon.

Laugh Your Way To Grace

It really helped me. I think I finished it in a matter of days. I found it at the local library.

Proverbs 17:22 tells us "A happy heart is good medicine and a cheerful mind works healing, but a broken spirit dries up the bones." AMP 

There are very serious issues in life, and some of mine are extremely sad, and there is no humor in the situation. However, it always helps to find humor in things where you can.

When feeling like you're in a dark pit, you're not alone. I am proof there is light and joy when you emerge.

Love you bunches,

Anna

Comments

E McL said…
I came across a quote I really love, "Success is a pile of failures you stand on." You have a greater capacity because of adversity (not failures) but they give you a vantage point, compassion and an ability to find joy in the simplest of situations. Thank you for being a light of joy and love in a dark world. Love you!

Popular Posts