Summer Smoothies


How are YOU? I'm doing well, keeping really busy with kittens under foot in my kitchen. Makes it hard to get anything done!

With teenagers at home, breakfast tends to be a little tricky since they like to sleep so late. In fact, I made these quite often during the school year too. I sent my girls to school with smoothies which was really handy (and healthy) especially when they were running late.

These are easy and quick to make. And offer a nice change of pace for breakfast (or anytime), especially when it's hot outside. 

 Strawberry-Pineapple Smoothie
(allrecipes.com)

Ingredients:

1 cup frozen strawberries
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup pineapple juice
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
2 tablespoons white sugar
6 ice cubes
1 teaspoon wheat germ (optional)

Directions:

1. Blend the strawberries, milk, pineapple juice, vanilla yogurt, sugar, ice and wheat germ in a blender until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.

Serve immediately

Yield: 2 large servings

Wheat germ is great in this smoothie. It is so healthy and can be used in so many things.


Also, when I find strawberries on sale, I buy several containers and wash, slice, then freeze them. I package them in portions in sandwich bags so I have them on hand, and already measured. :)


There are so many varieties of smoothies I like to make. I will share more of them with you.

I can't believe we are half way thru the hula hoop challenge! I hope it's going well for you too.

The kittens are growing and are making it difficult to cook (or clean) my kitchen. One mamma kitty and four playful babies. :)

Also, today is my youngest daughter's 17th birthday. I am debating between making a cake, or making cupcakes. 

Take care sweet friends! Have a wonderful week-end!

Love,

Anna

Philippeans 1:5 - "[I thank my God] for your fellowship (your sympathetic cooperation and contributions and partnership) in advancing the good news (the Gospel) from the first day [you heard it] until now." AMP

Comments

Popular Posts