Anna's Sweet Potatoes



Thanksgiving is this Thursday and I couldn't wait until then to make sweet potatoes. And as you can see we like a little sweet potatoes to go along with our marshmallows. ;)

And fortunately this week I found sweet potatoes for .39 a lb!

So we will have a repeat on Thanksgiving, and you can serve this dish too. It's not complicated, and I'll share the recipe with you.

For this 8x8 dish I used 5 medium and large sweet potatoes. If you use more, just adjust your ingredients as you go along to suit your taste.

Directions:

Wash and wrap sweet potatoes in foil and bake at 350 degrees for one hour. (I always put the potatoes in my cake pan lined with foil to bake them.)

After an hour, remove pan with potatoes and let sit about 10-15 minutes.

Remove foil and skin. (The skin will just come right off the potatoes)

Place the potatoes in a bowl and mash.

Add 1/2 - 1 cup of brown sugar, (We use just a little more brown sugar), a splash of orange juice, and1 Tbsp. honey and mix well.

Place the potatoes in a serving dish, and add the amount of marshmallows on top. (Remember the marshmallows will expand when hot)


Place in 350 degree oven for approx. 5 minutes or until marshmallows are hot and golden.

 Enjoy!

I hope each of you has a blessed Thanksgiving!

Blessings,

Anna

Comments

Popular Posts