Meatloaf Recipe


This meatloaf recipe has been in our family for years. So suffice to say when I suggested making it for my parents for their dinner, they were quite pleased.

In case you missed my last post, you can get caught up here.
Life Update

I paired it with sautéed squash and zucchini. I melted a Tablesoon of butter in a skillet, then added diced onion. On low, I let the onion cook down then added the veggies. I sautéed them, then added a dash of salt and pepper. Yum!
 I love that we're getting into the season of fresh veggies and fruits. (Stay tuned for an awesome recipe for fat-free, crispy, oven baked french fries).

Ingredients



2 lbs lean ground beef
2/3 cup dry bread crumbs ( Crushed crackers can be substituted)
1 envelope Onion Soup Mix
2 eggs, beaten
1-8 ounce can tomato sauce
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. dry mustard

Directions

Mix beaten eggs, tomato sauce with meat. Mix dry bread crumbs, onion soup and seasonings, add to meat and mix well.


Shape mixture into meat loaf shape. Place into a baking bag following instructions on the box. (I like to add a little ketchup on the top).


Bake 1 to 1-1/4 hours. Let rest 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.

*Note- If you lack dry mustard, you can substitute regular mustard.


I hope you love this meatloaf as much as our family does.

See you soon,
Anna

Comments

Popular Posts