Welcome

Welcome to my blog! I first want to tell you this is a new endeavor for me. I am hoping to post once a week. I welcome comments and even questions, and will do my best to respond as quickly as I can.

I would like to share with you that I think a home should be a haven, and I strive to accomplish that for myself and my family.

For this first post, I would like to share an apple pie recipe that my family loves!





Perfect Apple Pie

Prep: 35 minutes
Ready in 1 hour 20 minutes

CRUST:
1 package Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crust

FILLING:
3/4 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1 Tablespoon lemon juice, if desired
6 cups (6 medium) thinly sliced, peeled apples

DIRECTIONS:
1. Prepare pie crust as directed on package for 2-crust pie using 9-inch pie pan.
2. Heat oven to 425F. In large bowl, combine all filling ingredients except lemon juce and apples; mix well.
Add lemon juce and apples; toss gently to mix. Spoon into crust-lined pan. Top with second crust; seal edges and flute. Cut slits or shapes in several places in top crust.
3. Bake at 425F for 40-45 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown.

Yield: 8 servings

I want to disclose that this recipe can be found on the box of  Pillsbury Pie Crusts and all credit is given them for this recipe.

 I would love to hear from you as to how you rate this recipe.

Blessings to you and yours,
Anna (The Joyful Wife)

Comments

Robert Taylor said…
I can assure you that this will be one of the best apple pies you have ever tasted. My wife makes the best deserts, which may explain why I have gotten heavier in the last ten years. I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful wife, and I am very proud of her.

Popular Posts