Anna's Tortilla Soup


Anna's World Famous (OK, maybe not yet) Tortilla Soup -

This is the perfect day to share my very own recipe for Tortilla Soup.

It is cool and rainy here in the Texas Panhandle and we are so grateful for the much needed moisture! Perfect weather for my soup! I've looked at many, many recipes for tortilla soup and there are quite a number of variations.
I could never find one that had the color and consistency I wanted. So I threw in a can of this and a can of that and viola'... here it is.

Drum Roll please.........

Please? ;)


INGREDIENTS:

One (10 3/4 oz.) can of Nacho Cheese Soup*

One (10 3/4 oz.) can of Cream of Chicken Soup*

One (10 oz.) can of Rotel

2 oz. of chopped Green Chiles

A handful of chopped cilantro

Either a quarter to a half a block of smoked Gouda cheese , or a cup or two of grated cheddar cheese. (I just add as I go if needed) It always has depended what I had on hand! :)

I apologize for the lack of exact accuracy in that when I cook, I am a dash of this and a pinch of that kind of person. I tend to "eyeball" measurements and often don't need measuring cups and spoons.


DIRECTIONS:

Combine the nacho cheese soup and the cream of chicken soup in a pan on low-med. heat. Add one can of milk. (As per the directions on the label of nacho cheese soup). Stir consistently as you will not want the milk to sit and start scalding.

*You will NOT add the can of water that the cream of chicken calls for. Trust me on this one. ;)

Heat, stirring constantly until well blended. Continue heating on low for 30-45 minutes.

Add the green chiles and chopped cilantro. Stir, and keep stirring fairly often.

Lastly you will add either the smoked Gouda or grated cheese. Keep stirring until all is melted and blended.

Let sit on low heat for approx.15 more minutes until the flavors all blend.

Serve with crushed tortilla chips in the bowl.

Yum!

I hope you're having a great week. If you have a post on your blog about a particularly delicious recipe you love and would like to share, please link up!

Take care friends!

Anna


Comments

E McL said…
And so divine. Now others will get to enjoy the yum you create. Keep it up!

Popular Posts