New Beginnings and Seasons of Redemption and Grace


The picture of the rose above was taken in November. In Texas. How amazing is that?! It wasn't coincidence that this rose was still in full bloom, that's for sure. I took this picture at the Shrine for Life. A shrine dedicated to babies lost to abortion. It is the most moving place. Spending time there was balm for my soul.

And fast forward to January 1, 2017. This morning as I sit sipping my coffee, my mind wanders back to the events over the past year.  I see His hand in my life, constantly. And I am thankful for the seasons of redemption and grace.
I also look ahead to this year. I have so many ideas, projects I want to accomplish, recipes I want to try. And the list goes on and on.

The holidays are always tinged with a bit of sadness, though. I always remember when the children were little. Remembering our family traditions and the sounds of the season. I lost myself when the last of the girls left home. I'm a nuturer down to my very core. And suddenly, I didn't feel needed anymore. Now it was just my husband and me. What was I to do if I really didn't have anyone to care for? No one needs me now. I spiraled into depression. I cried a lot. I became reclusive. I let meaningful friendships grow stagnant and cold. Lots of sadness and pain filled my soul. And I stayed in that pit for years.
Ouch. That stings to even say out loud. But it's true.
God graciously pulled me out of that pit, though. He redeemed me and set my feet on a new path. A new chapter in my life unfolded and suddenly I saw clearly for the first time in a long while. A feeling of belonging, and purpose filled my heart.

The bible verse for today, January 1st, sums up those years perfectly.
Isaiah 43:19 says "Behold, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs forth; do you not perceive and know it and will you not heed it? I will even make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert." 

Isn't it amazing how if you will just listen for His voice, you will hear from Him when you need it most? I know your life can seem like a whirlwind. That all you do is go, go, go. And you may not feel appreciated for your efforts. Actually as busy wives and moms we most often don't. But just emotionally hit that pause button and breath in all the good. You are serving a purpose. The purpose He created you for. In this time and in this place.

May 2017 be filled with joy and abundant blessings just waiting to unfold.

Happy New Year, friends.

Comments

Popular Posts