Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Or should I say Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies.
These are by far the BEST oatmeal cookies...period.
And the recipe is on the Quaker Oats Oatmeal container. :)
Here it is:
1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 6 tbsp. butter, softened
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt (optional)
3 cups Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
1 cup raisins
1. Heat oven to 350 F. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy.
2.Add eggs and vanilla, beat well.
3. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
4. Add oats and raisins. Mix well.
5. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. TIP: (I always line my cookie sheets with parchment paper. That way they never stick)!
6. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely.
Store tightly covered. They don't last that long in our house. ;)
Yield: about 4 dozen cookies
These are so chewy and delicious.